Accounting Assistant Job Description Sample
This Accounting Assistant sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Accounting Assistant Job Purpose:
Help Accountants in the course of their work. May help accountants directly, helping them complete daily tasks, or may work indirectly, keying in data and compiling information for the Accountants but leaving the final analysis, audit, and approval to the Accountants themselves. Relies as much on administrative skills as accounting knowledge and understanding of financial concepts. Relies on knowledge of accounting terminology and accounting systems. Follows the direction and judgement of Accountants and Accounting Managers.
Accounting Assistant Job Duties:
- Enter and code financial transactions appropriately
- Process payments as well as documents like invoices
- Reconcile invoices received with departmental billings
- Issue invoices to customers based on services rendered and/or goods sold
- Make and track payments
- Review employee expenses and make reimbursements
- Make bank deposits and keep up records
- Track expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs
- Validate invoices against items or services received
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy
- Key data into company accounting system
- Disburse funds as needed
Accounting Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Experience with bookkeeping practices, Knowledge of accounting terminology, Experience with accounting systems, Understanding of filing systems, Mathematical skills, Administrative skills, Organisational skills, Attention to detail, Analytical skills, Knowledge of accountant rules and legislation, Ability to detect inconsistencies, Prioritisation skills, Communication skills, Typing skills, Data entry, Training in accounting software, High school degree required, Two-year degree in accounting, bookkeeping, or related field preferred.
Job Seekers: Search for Accounting Assistant Jobs and apply on Monster now.