Interior Designer Job Description Sample
This Interior Designer sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title:Interior Designer
Interior Designer Job Purpose
Designs interior spaces in new and renovated buildings; meets functional and aesthetic goals; researches and purchases furnishings and fittings; and establishes corporate or individual client base.
Interior Designer Job Duties
- Designs interior spaces, including permanent architectural details and temporary elements
- Assesses and meets client requirements and desires through regular meetings and conferences
- Produces sketches, drawings, and floor plans to illustrate concepts and finished projects using computer-aided design programs (CAD) and hand-drawing skills
- Creates idea boards to communicate design concepts to clients
- Selects design strategies and colour palettes to create cohesive and aesthetically pleasing environments
- Enhances and improves interior spaces’ functionality by modifying architectural elements and arranging furnishings, artwork, and decor
- Creates project budgets, including materials and labour
- Establishes project timelines and coordinates work activity, vendor involvement, and outside contractors as necessary
- Negotiates pricing for materials and labour
- Maintains relationships with vendors and outside contractors, and hires out work as necessary
- Participates in regular networking opportunities and actively develops a client base
- Performs research and maintains a working knowledge of trends and new developments in the interior design and architecture worlds
- Adheres to national and local building and safety codes with every design element
- Reads and interprets blueprints
- Works closely with various colleagues, including architects, artists, contractors, painters, upholsterers, and building inspectors
Interior Designer Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Creativity, Spatial Skills, Attention to Detail, Multitasking, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Teamwork, Mathematics, Budgets, Research, Negotiation, Interpersonal Skills, Written and Verbal Communication, Knowledge of Local Codes.
Job Seekers: Search for Interior Designer Jobs and apply on Monster now.