Machine Operator Job Description Sample
This Machine Operator sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Machine Operator
Machine Operator Job Purpose:
Responsible for operating and maintaining complicated machinery. Work in dedicated capacity specializing in a single machine or class of machines (e.g. Drills, printers, forklifts). Job duties and conditions vary depending on industry and job function. Machine operators may work outside or indoors and work for a single company or on a contract basis
Machine Operator Job Duties:
- Operate specialty machinery to fabricate, manufacture, assemble, or move products
- Maintain and monitor machine to make sure it functions properly
- Understanding of how operated machine works
- Conduct quality checks periodically
- Verify adequate materials and supplies are available to complete operations as needed
- Analyse machine operations and output if applicable
- Adjust machine as needed for changeovers, different functions, or other varying needs of production
Machine Operator Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of safe machine practice standards, Physical agility, Technical ability, Spatial understanding, Good Coordination, Ability to read blueprints or production schematics is necessary, Ability to keep up machinery, Ability to do small to moderate repairs on machinery, Experience working with said machinery, Specialised training with said machinery, Certification in operating said machine normally required, Experience and having the right credentials is generally more important than college education
Job Seekers: Search for Machine Operator Jobs and apply on Monster now.