Practice Manager Job Description Sample
This practice manager sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and requirements.
Job Title: Practice Manager
Practice Manager Job Purpose:
Ensures a medical practice, or group of related medical practices, remains financially sustainable while delivering good customer service. Makes key business decisions and oversees day-to-day practice operations. Works to expand medical practice to make it more profitable and better meet the needs of the local community.
Practice Manager Job Duties:
- Works with physicians to develop business strategies and patient services
- Designs and implements workplace procedures
- Liaises with general practitioners, nurses, physiotherapists, and other medical practice employees to ensure they have necessary support
- Manages practice and department budgets
- Oversees daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling, billing procedures, debt collections, cleaning, security, and occupational health and safety
- Leads a team made up of medical secretaries, receptionists, records staff, and, in some large practices, an assistant practice manager
- Controls the supply of medications and medical equipment
- Manages patient records and IT system
- Evaluates appointment procedures and patient services
- Recruits, trains, and supervises new administrative employees
- Recruits new patients
- Interacts with patients and gains customer feedback about the practice
- Addresses patient complaints in a compassionate and timely fashion
- Manages the production of patient brochures, newsletters, and other correspondence
- Monitors practice's progress in meeting government targets
Practice Manager Skills and Qualifications:
People Person, Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Organizational Skills, Management Skills and Experience, Leadership Skills, Computer Literacy and Knowledge of Relevant Software, Budgeting Skills, Accounting Skills, Ability to Work as Part of a Team, Analytical Skills, Health and Safety Knowledge, Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business or Health Management.
Job Seekers: Search for Practice Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.